Monday, May 5, 2008

Digging in the yard

what a weekend- we spent a fair amount of time outside. Paul tried out his cool blue chair (thanks, Aunt Angie, who gave it to him last summer) and was soooo happy to be sitting next to daddy in the driveway (while mommy worked in the yard...hmmm....).


On Sunday we started work on replacing a tree that had died. Paul was "helping" to dig, but then decided that the hole from the tree was a great spot to hang out. Needless to say, by 11am he was in the bathtub!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three Cheers for the happy gardeners!!! Way to go Paul III. Grandpa BB would be proud of your tree planting expertise. Looking forward to seeing next weekend's official Mother's Day tree planting ceremony. If you need any advice, we are available and we can bring our chairs to join the party in the driveway. Keep up the good work. Your landscaping projects look GREAT!
Gram and BB

Kelly said...

I also spent the weekend outside working as a landscaper. I am impressed by the idea of putting cardboard underneath the item being removed . . . I was unaware of how much dirt would be left underneath the removed bushes I tore out and threw to the side . . . not only did I have to remove the bushes, then I had to remove all the dirt from underneath them once I moved them again. Can you tell I am a beginner? And I needed a bath, too!